DEA Red Ribbon Week Patch ProgramLast Updated: Monday, May 6, 2019
The DEA Red Ribbon Patch Program is designed to provide Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts the opportunity to earn a patch from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) by engaging in anti-drug activities in celebration of Red Ribbon Week. The purpose of the Patch Program is to empower young people to engage with their community through drug-free activities and strengthen their anti-drug beliefs.
DEA will award a Red Ribbon Patch and Certificate of Participation to qualifying Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts (while supplies last)! Check out the Scout Leader Toolkit for items you'll need to complete the program.
What are the dates of the program?
July 1 - November 30
How many patches can our Scout Troop or Unit receive?
- 1 patch per scout, per program year.
- Patches are not distributed based on the number of events/activities a scout participates in.
- Due to the limited number of patches available, make sure to submit your “Activity Report” as soon as all program requirements have been completed.
Who can participate in the program?
All Boy and Girl Scouts are eligible to participate.
What are the patch requirements?
- Each Scout/Troop or unit must coordinate a Red Ribbon Week activity within your local community or school.
- Activities and events must be coordinated during the program dates (July 1 – November 30) of the current year.
- Each Scout must attend a drug prevention education session.
- Each Scout must take the DEA Drug Free Pledge.
- The Scout leader must complete and submit the online “Activity Report” upon completion of all program requirements.
Need more Red Ribbon Week ideas? Visit our Red Ribbon Week page for additional ideas, videos, and more.
Scout Leader Activity Report Form
Red Ribbon Press Release Template
Red Ribbon Public Service Announcement Template
Red Ribbon Flyer
Red Ribbon Drug Free Pledge
Red Ribbon Certificate of Participation
Red Ribbon Patch Program Implementation Guide
Media Waiver Agreement (Scanned and signed media waivers may be e-mailed to Community.Outreach@usdoj.gov or sent to the mailing address:
Community, Outreach, Prevention and Support Section (W-12116)
ATTN: Red Ribbon Patch Program
8701 Morrissette Drive
Springfield, VA 22152